Monday, March 7, 2011

Back To Reality a/k/a Friday's, Saturday's, Sunday's & Today's Shoes

So I'm finally posting something new after a wonderful weekend getaway with my wife. We went to Charleston for the weekend sans children and actually got to sleep late, eat at good restaurants, and got to do some shopping in grown-up stores. I still wore a different pair of shoes everyday but even though I packed the laptop, once I got there I decided to hell with that, I'll just write a wrap-up post on Monday when I get back. So here's the run down from the weekend.

I know Friday's are supposed to be Nike SB Friday's but the weather here is so insane that I've decided to just wear SB's whenever I want. This supposed to rain so I don't wear SB's but then it never rains is getting old so no more SB Friday's. So this Friday I went with some Nike Blazer's in a simple Black / Light Taupe / Black colorway. They retailed for $78.00 and I got them for $30.00 at the Footaction Outlet. I like them because of the simple colorway plus the material is great for bad weather so since it was supposed to rain I went with those.

On Saturday I went with some nice Nike Dunk High Premium's in a Baroque Brown / White / Stone colorway. A simple brown shoe that easily matches several shirts and that I knew would hold up if there was bad weather in Charleston. These shoes retailed for $108.00and I got them for $40.00 at the Footaction Outlet back when I was selling shoes and sold them for $55.00. This pair was one of the leftovers from when I closed up shop. I actually liked them but I liked making a profit off them more so I never got myself a pair so having a leftover pair in a size 13 wasn't that bad.

Sunday I went with another brown shoe, made packing easier, a Nike Air Max '95 in a Sail / Shock Orange / Dark Cinder / Medium Brown colorway. I also got these from the Footaction Outlet for a really great price, I payed $40.00 for them when they retailed for $140.00. They are a classic shoe that dresses up really well. I wore them yesterday with a Tommy Hilfiger button up I picked up Saturday for $11.00 at the Hilfiger Outlet store. The '95s are my second favorite behind the 90's. Just a great shoe in a great colorway.

And that brings us to today which is Non - Nike Monday and today's shoes is the Adidas Superstar II PT (Def Jam) Young Jeezy's. I got these from the Footaction Outlet last December along with 3 other pairs of Def Jam Adidas. These retailed for $90.00 and I paid $40.00 for them which made them $10 more expensive then the other 3 pairs. These pairs feature a pic of Young Jeezy on the tongue, Young Jeezy written across the insole, and Snowman written across the heel tab. They look great as a dressed up sneaker with some dark jeans and a nice polo shirt.
That's all for now, plan to do a little more later this afternoon with a full rundown of the weekend including a report from my visit to the Nike Factory Outlet, Converse Outlet, and several other stores at the Outlet Mall in Charleston. Till then, Cheapsoles.

No comments:

Post a Comment