Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Blazers, 20-5-5's And The Passing Of A Hip Hop Legend

Let me start today by mentioning the passing of a true legend in hip-hop even though the man never rapped on a single track. Nate Dogg passed away early Wednesday at the age of 41 due to health complications. Nate Dogg was the go to hook man during the G-Funk era and was one of the original Death Row inmates. He sang on The Chronic and Doggystyle before truly exploding on the scene with his duet with Warren G "Regulate" from the Above The Rim soundtrack. This track was a monster and still bangs to this day (try to find the "Jammin Remix" if you can, it has Michael McDonald's vocals from "I Keep Forgettin'" which is the track the sample comes from). For those of you who want something to listen to while remembering Nate this weekend or who need a lesson on his greatness checkout this mix from 2008, DJ Steve1der Nate Dogg Greatest Hits Mix.


Tuesday: Nike Zoom 20-5-5 (Lebron's)
Colorway: Black / Black / Varsity Red
Cost: $110.00 / Paid: $110.00
Purchased From: Foot Locker (Dutch Square Mall)
Pulled these out of the stacks while I was transferring this weekends shoes upstairs and figured I might as well throw them on. These came out in 2005 and were the first Lebron released that weren't a part of his signature collection. The 20-5-5 name is in reference to his average at the time, 20 points, 5 assists, 5 rebounds. They released a second version of this shoe the following year and that was it. Surprised Nike hasn't done a model every season named for his average the last season as a way to continue the line. I remember these selling pretty well and I prefer them to Soldier line they have now.


Wednesday: Nike Blazer High
Colorway: White / White / White
Price: $78.00 / Paid $20.00
Purchased From: Footaction Outlet (Columbia SC)
Was in a rush today so just threw on these White Blazers so I wouldn't have to worry about the shirt I was wearing plus I knew I wouldn't be doing a whole lot today and didn't want to waste a good pair of shoes on a lounge day. I know I have railed on people who wear all white AF1's so some might think I'm being hypocritical but these were a leftover pair from when I closed up shop plus the elephant print is hot. Not to mention the fact that I love Blazers and they were dirt cheap.

For the record, my fan loyalty is with Kentucky but just not sure they have the experience to win the whole thing, Thinking Kansas but not sure on them either, this field is wide open. All I know for sure is that Thursday is the start of the best four days of the year and I can't wait. Just going to load up on snacks and food and spend the next four days overdosing on college basketball. Till Friday, Cheapsoles


No comments:

Post a Comment