Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Chicago Bulls Dunks a/k/a Very Ugly Clown Shoes

Nike Dunk High
"Chicago Bulls" NBA Pack
Varsity Red / Varsity Red / Black / White
Today's shoe is this extremely ugly Nike Dunk that was part of the NBA Pack Nike released a few years ago. This pair was based on the colors of the Chicago Bulls, Varsity Red / Varsity Red / Black / White. While the shoe does have some nice materials the color blocking of this shoe is just flat out ugly. They look like giant red clown shoes thanks to the lack of white or black anywhere that is visible with jeans on. The toe box is a really nice suede and the sides are perforated leather plus they have a heavy duty mesh upper but they just look like a big red mess when you wear them.
                                                                                                       Now you might be wondering why I bought them if I think they are so ugly and there are two reasons, well really three now that I think of it. First, they retail for $80.00 but thanks to the Footaction Outlet I only paid $20 for them and I can't pass up a pair of Dunks for $20.00 no matter how ugly they are. Secondly. this shoe is a perfect example of what happens when I go to the Outlet and I haven't bought anything in a week or two. I end up talking myself into some ugly shoes that I will probably never wear more then two to three times but I have to buy something so these ugly things were my best option. And lastly, the fact they are such ugly shoes intrigues me. Let's be honest here, unless you are a Chicago Bulls fan why would you ever wear this things? So that makes them kind of scarce on peoples feet around here. Well, unless your in a Blood neighborhood around here. Then you might see a few pair, they are red after all. All in all, I think this is the 5th time I've worn these since I bought them over a year ago. And everytime I think it's been with jeans and a plain black shirt. Sometimes it's easiest just to keep things simple.

Tomorrow I won't be keeping it simple, I've got to wear something special since I was challenged last month when I got my massage. They commented on the Dunks I wore last time and I replied they were nothing special so they challenged me to wear something special this time. Should be fun, till then, Cheapsoles.

No comments:

Post a Comment